TU Berlin

Student Mobility and International StudentsResidence Registration

stilisierte Kugel mit Schriftzug Internationales International Affairs

Page Content

to Navigation

Residence registration requirement


Everyone living in Germany has to register with the city they live in. So you also have to register with a registration office (Meldestelle) at a "Bürgeramt" within 14 days  upon your arrival. You will receive a registration confirmation "Meldebestätigung" which you will need for your residence permit if you are a non-EU citizen and don't have a visa for your whole stay.

Openings hours vary but on the websites of the "Bürgerämter" you can make appointments! Click on the desired Bürgeramt pin, scroll down, tick "Anmeldung einer Wohnung" and then scroll down to the bottom of the page to tick "an diesem Standort einen Termin vereinbaren".

If you are flexible concerning the Bürgeramt's location you can also book an appointment directly.

Check-List: Residence registration
  • Download the registration form (Anmeldung bei der Meldebehörde) here
  • Download the Confirmation of moving in (Einzugsbestätigung des Wohnungsgebers) here and have it signed by your landlord
  • Valid Passport / ID card
  • Make a copy of your "Anmeldebestätigung" and carry it with you all times
  • Should you move and change address you have to re-register with the "Meldestelle" and also inform the Enrolment Office in the Campus Center (H13/14).
  • Before you leave for your home country you have to get un-registered at the "Bürgeramt". You can do that at the earliest two weeks before your departure. You can find more info and the necessary form here.


Quick Access

Schnellnavigation zur Seite über Nummerneingabe