TU Berlin

Student Mobility and International StudentsVisa

stilisierte Kugel mit Schriftzug Internationales International Affairs

Page Content

to Navigation



Some students need a visa to travel to Germany. This visa will be issued by the German embassy in your home country. Usually you get an entry visa which expires after three months and then requires the application for the residence permit. Therefore it is advisable to apply for a visa that is valid for the whole time of your stay if possible.

Nationals from the following countries listed here do not need an entry visa and can apply for the residence permit for study purposes within three months upon their arrival.

EU citizens only have to take care of the Anmeldung (registration with the city of Berlin)!

Please keep in mind the health insurance information from the Immigration Office when obtaining your health insurance.


Quick Access

Schnellnavigation zur Seite über Nummerneingabe